The mission of the Mississippi Valley State University Foundation is to provide support for the academic vision and priorities of Mississippi Valley State University by means of volunteer leadership, broad advice, consultation and assistance in development and fundraising activities through fiduciary care for the assets of the Foundation for the long-term benefit and enhancement of the University.
Vision & Goals
The Foundation is a non-profit organization given the privilege of tax exemption to increase private and in-kind gifts and foster philanthropic activities for the University. The Foundation strive to develop, support and build relationships among our primary stakeholders – alumni, corporations, university affiliates, associations and foundations, local community and businesses – through the execution of advancement services and the following goals:
- Build a productive non-profit organization that will strengthen the University’s capacity to obtain private support,
- Raise funding for endowments, scholarships and programs to support the university’s vision to enhance the quality of its students’ educational experience,
- Increase alumni participation and giving,
- Increase the number of corporate sponsorships, grants, and other financial resources, and
- Improve relations with the Mississippi Delta Region and beyond.
The MVSU Foundation will incorporate the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethics and Donor Bill of Rights to ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the Foundation, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
The entire AFP Donor Bill of Rights can be found at www.afpnet.org.